by James Martin
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 30 mins to 1 hour
170g/6oz clear honey
85g/3oz light muscovado sugar
2 eggs, beaten
200g/7oz self raising flour, sieved
For the icing:
55g/2oz icing sugar
1 tbsp clear honey
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 3 and butter and line the bottom of a 7in/18cm cake tin.
2. Measure the honey, butter and sugar into a large pan. Add a tablespoon of water and heat gently until melted.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the eggs and flour.
4. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is springy to the touch and shrinking slightly from the sides of the tin.
5. Cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
6. While the cake is still warm, make the icing by mixing the sugar and honey together with 2-3 teaspoons of hot water. Trickle over the cake in whatever design takes your fancy.
Creation date : 04/10/2007 @ 22:55
Last update : 04/10/2007 @ 22:55
Category : Recipes
Page read 7157 times
Print the page